China conducts mine-sweeping training for Afghans
Beijing: China today started training Afghanistan`s civil and military personnel in mine-sweeping operations aimed at building trust between the two countries.
International humanitarian mine-sweeping communication and training for Afghanistan, started in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Nineteen Afghan trainees from military and civil mine-sweeping organisations will be trained as a part of trust building measures under the Istanbul Process on Afghanistan.
After training, participants will play an active role in sweeping mines and promoting post-war reconstruction in Afghanistan, one of the most mine-affected countries in the world.
China has held mine-sweeping technology training for Afghanistan and donated mine-sweeping devices in 2009 and 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers