China conducts mine-sweeping training for Afghans
Beijing: China today started training Afghanistan`s civil and military personnel in mine-sweeping operations aimed at building trust between the two countries.
International humanitarian mine-sweeping communication and training for Afghanistan, started in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Nineteen Afghan trainees from military and civil mine-sweeping organisations will be trained as a part of trust building measures under the Istanbul Process on Afghanistan.
After training, participants will play an active role in sweeping mines and promoting post-war reconstruction in Afghanistan, one of the most mine-affected countries in the world.
China has held mine-sweeping technology training for Afghanistan and donated mine-sweeping devices in 2009 and 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way