China conducts mine-sweeping training for Afghans
Beijing: China today started training Afghanistan`s civil and military personnel in mine-sweeping operations aimed at building trust between the two countries.
International humanitarian mine-sweeping communication and training for Afghanistan, started in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Nineteen Afghan trainees from military and civil mine-sweeping organisations will be trained as a part of trust building measures under the Istanbul Process on Afghanistan.
After training, participants will play an active role in sweeping mines and promoting post-war reconstruction in Afghanistan, one of the most mine-affected countries in the world.
China has held mine-sweeping technology training for Afghanistan and donated mine-sweeping devices in 2009 and 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack