China conducts mine-sweeping training for Afghans
Beijing: China today started training Afghanistan`s civil and military personnel in mine-sweeping operations aimed at building trust between the two countries.
International humanitarian mine-sweeping communication and training for Afghanistan, started in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Nineteen Afghan trainees from military and civil mine-sweeping organisations will be trained as a part of trust building measures under the Istanbul Process on Afghanistan.
After training, participants will play an active role in sweeping mines and promoting post-war reconstruction in Afghanistan, one of the most mine-affected countries in the world.
China has held mine-sweeping technology training for Afghanistan and donated mine-sweeping devices in 2009 and 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites