China continues Diaoyu Islands patrol
Beijing: Two vessels patrolled the waters around the Diaoyu Islands on Saturday, the authorities said.
According to the State Oceanic Administration, two China Coast Guard (CCG) vessels - CCG 2151 and 2101 - conducted a routine patrol of China`s territorial waters around the Diaoyu Islands, Xinhua reported.
China has been conducting the patrols on a regular basis. The islands are called Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan.
Japan claims to be occupying the islands since 1895, while China maintains the islands were recognised as Chinese territory as early as 1783.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi