China continues Diaoyu Islands patrol
Beijing: Two vessels patrolled the waters around the Diaoyu Islands on Saturday, the authorities said.
According to the State Oceanic Administration, two China Coast Guard (CCG) vessels - CCG 2151 and 2101 - conducted a routine patrol of China`s territorial waters around the Diaoyu Islands, Xinhua reported.
China has been conducting the patrols on a regular basis. The islands are called Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan.
Japan claims to be occupying the islands since 1895, while China maintains the islands were recognised as Chinese territory as early as 1783.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons