China conveys condolences for Margaret Thatcher`s death
Beijing: A Foreign Ministry spokesman on Tuesday conveyed the Chinese Government`s condolences over the passing of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
"We extend deep condolences over the death of Margaret Thatcher and wish to extend sympathy to her family," spokesman Hong Lei said at a daily press briefing.
Thatcher was a prominent stateswoman who made great contributions toward the development of Sino-Britain relations, including the peaceful settlement of the Hong Kong issue, Hong said.
Thatcher, the first female prime minister of Britain, died of a stroke at the Ritz Hotel in London on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad