China conveys condolences for Margaret Thatcher`s death
Beijing: A Foreign Ministry spokesman on Tuesday conveyed the Chinese Government`s condolences over the passing of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
"We extend deep condolences over the death of Margaret Thatcher and wish to extend sympathy to her family," spokesman Hong Lei said at a daily press briefing.
Thatcher was a prominent stateswoman who made great contributions toward the development of Sino-Britain relations, including the peaceful settlement of the Hong Kong issue, Hong said.
Thatcher, the first female prime minister of Britain, died of a stroke at the Ritz Hotel in London on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice