China: CPC expands presence in private sector
Beijing: As China opened to economic reforms and privatisation in one party state, the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) has swiftly spread its tentacles in private sector and tripled its grassroots committees in non-public companies in the past decade, a study suggests.
More than three lakh CPC grassroots committees have been set up in the country`s private sector, up from less than one lakh about 10 years ago, according to data released by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC) here.
The CPC grassroots committees among the non-public sector covered all 2.10 lakh large private companies across the country and recruited more than 3.5 million CPC members, state run Xinhua news agency quoted SAIC as saying.
Many private sector units, including those with joint ventures have to have party units in their offices to connect with CPC and government, according to businessmen.
Enjoying the monopoly the CPC currently has over 80 million members, which means that about six in every 100 Chinese people have joined the CPC in a country with a population of 1.3 billion.
China too has few smaller parties but with limited rights and work under very limited framework defined by the CPC and the government. The private sector, which includes more than 10 million private enterprises and nearly 40 million self-employed businesses, contributes to over 60 percent of the gross domestic product of the world`s second-largest economy and creates about 90 percent of the country`s new jobs, the SAIC data showed.
"It is an increasingly pressing task for the Party to consolidate its class base and widen its public impact among the private sector," Chen Xiangqun, an official from the Organisation Department of the CPC Central Committee, said at a conference on Party-building in the private sector held yesterday in Lanzhou.
Chen said the building of CPC organisations in private enterprises has consolidated the CPC`s ruling basis in China and helped facilitate the "healthy development" of those enterprises.
"The establishment of CPC organisations in private companies has helped guarantee the legitimate rights and interests of employees and thus won the recognition of the vast number of staff and those forward-looking entrepreneurs," Chen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title