China delegation arrives in Pyongyang for anniversary
Seoul: A Chinese delegation arrived in
Pyongyang on Saturday to attend celebrations for the 65th
anniversary of North Korea`s ruling communist party under its
new leadership, the North`s official media said.
The delegation led by a senior communist party member,
Zhou Yongkang, was greeted at the airport by Kim Yong-Il, the
Workers` Party of Korea`s secretary in charge of international
affairs, Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.
During his three-day visit, Zhou will attend events
celebrating the founding of the party and exchange views on
relations and issues of common concern with the North Korean
side, China`s Xinhua news agency said.
Chinese President Hu Jintao today vowed to strengthen
ties with the North as the traditional ally prepared to
celebrate the key anniversary under a new leadership after Kim
Jong-Il`s youngest son, Kim Jong-Un, was confirmed as his
"We are willing to make joint efforts with the DPRK
(North Korea) side to continuously promote China-DPRK
relations to a new and higher level," China`s Xinhua news
agency quoted Hu as saying in his message.
"Sincerely wish the WPK move forward continuously, and
wish the China-DPRK friendship pass from generation to
generation," Hu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights