China delegation arrives in Pyongyang for anniversary
Seoul: A Chinese delegation arrived in
Pyongyang on Saturday to attend celebrations for the 65th
anniversary of North Korea`s ruling communist party under its
new leadership, the North`s official media said.
The delegation led by a senior communist party member,
Zhou Yongkang, was greeted at the airport by Kim Yong-Il, the
Workers` Party of Korea`s secretary in charge of international
affairs, Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.
During his three-day visit, Zhou will attend events
celebrating the founding of the party and exchange views on
relations and issues of common concern with the North Korean
side, China`s Xinhua news agency said.
Chinese President Hu Jintao today vowed to strengthen
ties with the North as the traditional ally prepared to
celebrate the key anniversary under a new leadership after Kim
Jong-Il`s youngest son, Kim Jong-Un, was confirmed as his
"We are willing to make joint efforts with the DPRK
(North Korea) side to continuously promote China-DPRK
relations to a new and higher level," China`s Xinhua news
agency quoted Hu as saying in his message.
"Sincerely wish the WPK move forward continuously, and
wish the China-DPRK friendship pass from generation to
generation," Hu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?