China delegation arrives in Pyongyang for anniversary
Seoul: A Chinese delegation arrived in
Pyongyang on Saturday to attend celebrations for the 65th
anniversary of North Korea`s ruling communist party under its
new leadership, the North`s official media said.
The delegation led by a senior communist party member,
Zhou Yongkang, was greeted at the airport by Kim Yong-Il, the
Workers` Party of Korea`s secretary in charge of international
affairs, Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.
During his three-day visit, Zhou will attend events
celebrating the founding of the party and exchange views on
relations and issues of common concern with the North Korean
side, China`s Xinhua news agency said.
Chinese President Hu Jintao today vowed to strengthen
ties with the North as the traditional ally prepared to
celebrate the key anniversary under a new leadership after Kim
Jong-Il`s youngest son, Kim Jong-Un, was confirmed as his
"We are willing to make joint efforts with the DPRK
(North Korea) side to continuously promote China-DPRK
relations to a new and higher level," China`s Xinhua news
agency quoted Hu as saying in his message.
"Sincerely wish the WPK move forward continuously, and
wish the China-DPRK friendship pass from generation to
generation," Hu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened