China delegation arrives in Pyongyang for anniversary
Seoul: A Chinese delegation arrived in
Pyongyang on Saturday to attend celebrations for the 65th
anniversary of North Korea`s ruling communist party under its
new leadership, the North`s official media said.
The delegation led by a senior communist party member,
Zhou Yongkang, was greeted at the airport by Kim Yong-Il, the
Workers` Party of Korea`s secretary in charge of international
affairs, Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.
During his three-day visit, Zhou will attend events
celebrating the founding of the party and exchange views on
relations and issues of common concern with the North Korean
side, China`s Xinhua news agency said.
Chinese President Hu Jintao today vowed to strengthen
ties with the North as the traditional ally prepared to
celebrate the key anniversary under a new leadership after Kim
Jong-Il`s youngest son, Kim Jong-Un, was confirmed as his
"We are willing to make joint efforts with the DPRK
(North Korea) side to continuously promote China-DPRK
relations to a new and higher level," China`s Xinhua news
agency quoted Hu as saying in his message.
"Sincerely wish the WPK move forward continuously, and
wish the China-DPRK friendship pass from generation to
generation," Hu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof