China delivers humanitarian aid to Tunisia
Beijing: China has sent its first shipment of emergency humanitarian aid to help the Tunisian government deal with refugees fleeing neighbouring country Libya.
The relief materials that were sent on Thursday include 1,500 tents and 20 tonnes of medicine, Xinhua reported citing a statement from the Ministry of Commerce.
A second shipment of relief supplies will be dispatched on April 09, it said.
China has announced plans to offer CNY 50 million (USD 7.6 million) in aid to Tunisia and Egypt.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview