China delivers humanitarian aid to Tunisia
Beijing: China has sent its first shipment of emergency humanitarian aid to help the Tunisian government deal with refugees fleeing neighbouring country Libya.
The relief materials that were sent on Thursday include 1,500 tents and 20 tonnes of medicine, Xinhua reported citing a statement from the Ministry of Commerce.
A second shipment of relief supplies will be dispatched on April 09, it said.
China has announced plans to offer CNY 50 million (USD 7.6 million) in aid to Tunisia and Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'