China delivers humanitarian aid to Tunisia
Beijing: China has sent its first shipment of emergency humanitarian aid to help the Tunisian government deal with refugees fleeing neighbouring country Libya.
The relief materials that were sent on Thursday include 1,500 tents and 20 tonnes of medicine, Xinhua reported citing a statement from the Ministry of Commerce.
A second shipment of relief supplies will be dispatched on April 09, it said.
China has announced plans to offer CNY 50 million (USD 7.6 million) in aid to Tunisia and Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days