China denounces N Korea`s nuke test, summons envoy
Beijing: China on Tuesday reacted angrily to close ally North Korea`s third nuclear test by summoning its ambassador here and conveyed its protest expressing "strong dissatisfaction" and "firm opposition" to Pyongyang for acting in disregard to the opinion of the international community.
In a rare display of displeasure against the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DPRK), Chinese Foreign Minister, Yang Jiechi summoned North Korean Ambassador to China Ji Jae Ryon and lodged a protest over the test.
Yang said China was "strongly dissatisfied" and "firmly opposed" to DPRK`s third nuclear test, according to a press release issued by the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
"China always supports the denuclearisation on the (Korean) Peninsula in an aim to safeguard the peace and stability of the peninsula," and that China will still work to address the concerns of all the involved parties under the framework of the Six-Party talks through dialogue and consultation in a balanced way.
Yang also urged North Korea to refrain from any words and actions that may further worsen the situation and return to the right track of dialogue and consultation at an early date, it said.
Earlier a Chinese Foreign Ministry statement here said "the DPRK conducted another nuclear test in disregard of the common opposition of the international community. The Chinese government is firmly opposed to this act."
Pyongyang has already conducted similar nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.
"The Chinese government calls on all parties to respond in a cool-headed manner and persist in resolving the issue of denuclearisation of the Peninsula through dialogue and consultation within the context of the Six-Party Talks," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read