China denounces US, defends military modernisation
Beijing: A Pentagon report that warned China`s military modernisation could destabilises the region engaged in exaggeration and "groundless suspicion," the Chinese Ministry of Defence said on Friday in Beijing`s first official response to the report.
"China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition," the ministry said in comments faxed to a news agency.
The ministry said the US report, released earlier this week, "exaggerated the so-called mainland military threat to Taiwan," the self-ruled island that Beijing deems an illegitimate breakaway province.
"It is very normal for the Chinese military to develop and upgrade some weapons and armaments," said the Chinese defense ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's ''unfinished agenda'' is to retrieve illegally occupied part of J&K: Jitendra Singh
- Skoda Octavia vRS to make its way to India very soon?
- PNB profit more than halves to Rs 306 crore in Q1
- Chennai-bound Oman Air flight makes emergency landing in Goa
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!