China denounces US, defends military modernisation
Beijing: A Pentagon report that warned China`s military modernisation could destabilises the region engaged in exaggeration and "groundless suspicion," the Chinese Ministry of Defence said on Friday in Beijing`s first official response to the report.
"China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition," the ministry said in comments faxed to a news agency.
The ministry said the US report, released earlier this week, "exaggerated the so-called mainland military threat to Taiwan," the self-ruled island that Beijing deems an illegitimate breakaway province.
"It is very normal for the Chinese military to develop and upgrade some weapons and armaments," said the Chinese defense ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31