China denounces US, defends military modernisation
Beijing: A Pentagon report that warned China`s military modernisation could destabilises the region engaged in exaggeration and "groundless suspicion," the Chinese Ministry of Defence said on Friday in Beijing`s first official response to the report.
"China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition," the ministry said in comments faxed to a news agency.
The ministry said the US report, released earlier this week, "exaggerated the so-called mainland military threat to Taiwan," the self-ruled island that Beijing deems an illegitimate breakaway province.
"It is very normal for the Chinese military to develop and upgrade some weapons and armaments," said the Chinese defense ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam