China detains nurse for forcing patients to drink urine
Beijing: Chinese police have detained a
male nurse who allegedly beat up senior residents and forced
them to drink urine at a nursing home in central China`s Henan
62-year-old Zheng Huanming, nurse at the Changleyuan
Seniors Home in Zhengzhou, the provincial capital, woke up the
elderly people at 4 am every day and forced some of them to
drink yellow liquid from plastic bags, which a witness by name
Wang said was urine, the Yangtze Evening News has reported.
Zheng opened the mouth of one of them and poured down
The victim struggled and shouted, "No, it`s salty."
But Zheng continued to force them to drink and laughed, Wang
Wang, who lives in a nearby building, said he often
heard cries and screams from the nursing home, so he went to
another building overlooking the nursing home one night and
witnessed the abuse.
He tipped off a local television station which sent a
crew to secretly film the torture, including forcing seniors
to drink urine, from a window in the building after lurking
there for six nights.
Zheng told the police that he woke up the old people
at about 4 am to urge them to go to the toilet otherwise they
would urinate in bed, the report said.
Another male nurse who was involved in the abuses was
also detained by police, the Shanghai Daily reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday