China developing high-speed helicopters: Aircraft-maker
Beijing: China is developing helicopters with the ability to fly at speeds twice the current average, said the president of China`s major aircraft maker Thursday.
Lin Zuoming, president of Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), said China is striving to make helicopters that can achieve a speed of 500 km/hour, reported Xinhua.
"We have been keeping pace with other countries," Lin added.
AVIC produces a wide range of helicopters, from ultra-light varieties to high-altitude adaptive helicopters.
"We have mastered core technologies of third-generation helicopters," said Cai Yi, general manager of AVIC`s helicopter company. "AVIC civilian helicopters can join the ranks of the world`s most advanced."
AVIC said it has cracked core technologies in key areas like rotors, flight control and avionics.
China`s helicopter industry has been on a steady rise over the last decade.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for