China developing high-speed helicopters: Aircraft-maker
Beijing: China is developing helicopters with the ability to fly at speeds twice the current average, said the president of China`s major aircraft maker Thursday.
Lin Zuoming, president of Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), said China is striving to make helicopters that can achieve a speed of 500 km/hour, reported Xinhua.
"We have been keeping pace with other countries," Lin added.
AVIC produces a wide range of helicopters, from ultra-light varieties to high-altitude adaptive helicopters.
"We have mastered core technologies of third-generation helicopters," said Cai Yi, general manager of AVIC`s helicopter company. "AVIC civilian helicopters can join the ranks of the world`s most advanced."
AVIC said it has cracked core technologies in key areas like rotors, flight control and avionics.
China`s helicopter industry has been on a steady rise over the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Original seeds of monster black holes detected, claim astronomers
- OnePlus to launch Loop VR headset this summer
- Wishes galore! Look what Bollywood has to say on Karan Johar's 44th birthday
- Controversial BJP MLA targets Nehru-Gandhi family, asks govt to bring down statues named after them
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 goes out of stock within minutes of open sale