China developing high-speed helicopters: Aircraft-maker
Beijing: China is developing helicopters with the ability to fly at speeds twice the current average, said the president of China`s major aircraft maker Thursday.
Lin Zuoming, president of Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), said China is striving to make helicopters that can achieve a speed of 500 km/hour, reported Xinhua.
"We have been keeping pace with other countries," Lin added.
AVIC produces a wide range of helicopters, from ultra-light varieties to high-altitude adaptive helicopters.
"We have mastered core technologies of third-generation helicopters," said Cai Yi, general manager of AVIC`s helicopter company. "AVIC civilian helicopters can join the ranks of the world`s most advanced."
AVIC said it has cracked core technologies in key areas like rotors, flight control and avionics.
China`s helicopter industry has been on a steady rise over the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today