China developing high-speed helicopters: Aircraft-maker
Beijing: China is developing helicopters with the ability to fly at speeds twice the current average, said the president of China`s major aircraft maker Thursday.
Lin Zuoming, president of Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), said China is striving to make helicopters that can achieve a speed of 500 km/hour, reported Xinhua.
"We have been keeping pace with other countries," Lin added.
AVIC produces a wide range of helicopters, from ultra-light varieties to high-altitude adaptive helicopters.
"We have mastered core technologies of third-generation helicopters," said Cai Yi, general manager of AVIC`s helicopter company. "AVIC civilian helicopters can join the ranks of the world`s most advanced."
AVIC said it has cracked core technologies in key areas like rotors, flight control and avionics.
China`s helicopter industry has been on a steady rise over the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report