China develops new stealth fighter using downed US bomber
Beijing: China has developed a new stealth fighter, called the J-20, from parts of an American F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber that had been shot down over Serbia during the Kosovo War.
Theories have rapidly emerged about espionage and how China had somehow managed to steal and copy other countries’ secret technologies.
One of the more extraordinary claims was that it had gained invaluable information from parts of an American F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber that was shot down over Serbia.
According to the Daily Mail, the helmet, maps, communication equipment and other parts of the stealth fighter were kept on sale at the Aviation Museum, Belgrade.
Chinese, Japanese and Russian diplomats were among those who visited the museum and bought debris.
The display included the parts of the Stealth bomber is called ‘Exhibits that fell from the sky’ and it opened in December 1999. Over 2,000 foreign visitors came to see the exhibition, of which hundreds, bought small parts of the aircraft for USD 10 each.
“At first glance this fighter has the potential to be a competitor to the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor, (most advanced stealth fighter jet ever built) and to be an efficient F-35 Lightning II killer,” said Richard Fisher of the International Assessment and Strategy Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!