China develops new stealth fighter using downed US bomber
Beijing: China has developed a new stealth fighter, called the J-20, from parts of an American F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber that had been shot down over Serbia during the Kosovo War.
Theories have rapidly emerged about espionage and how China had somehow managed to steal and copy other countries’ secret technologies.
One of the more extraordinary claims was that it had gained invaluable information from parts of an American F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber that was shot down over Serbia.
According to the Daily Mail, the helmet, maps, communication equipment and other parts of the stealth fighter were kept on sale at the Aviation Museum, Belgrade.
Chinese, Japanese and Russian diplomats were among those who visited the museum and bought debris.
The display included the parts of the Stealth bomber is called ‘Exhibits that fell from the sky’ and it opened in December 1999. Over 2,000 foreign visitors came to see the exhibition, of which hundreds, bought small parts of the aircraft for USD 10 each.
“At first glance this fighter has the potential to be a competitor to the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor, (most advanced stealth fighter jet ever built) and to be an efficient F-35 Lightning II killer,” said Richard Fisher of the International Assessment and Strategy Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Transform your look with different capes this season!
- Iraqi forces prepare offensive on IS-held Falluja, urge residents to leave
- Wondering what country to live in according to your zodiac sign? - Find out
- After marriage, porn-watching ups in women, drops in men
- Summer woes? Here are top 20 gateways to escape the heat!