China dismisses AQ Khan`s nuke proliferation allegations
Beijing: China has strongly refuted allegations levelled by Pakistan’s disgraced nuclear scientist AQ Khan that China was actively involved in the proliferation of nuclear technology to rogue states like Iran and N Korea.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry issued a statement rejecting suggestions that it had engaged in nuclear proliferation by getting Pakistan to share technology and materials
with North Korea and Iran.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Jiang Yu said that Beijing has firmly opposed the proliferation of nuclear weapons in all forms.
"As a member of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, China has always strictly abided by its international obligation on the non-proliferation issue," Jiang Yu was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua news agency.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry issued the statement responding to the publication of a letter by British media, written by AQ Khan, wherein he has revealed that his country helped China in enrichment technology in return for bomb blue-prints.
The 74-year-old Khan had also accused the Pakistani government of pressurising him to share nuclear secrets with North Korea and Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant