China donates sea wall to Fiji
Suva: China Wednesday donated a sea wall to Fiji to check coastal erosion.
Fiji`s Minister for Rural and Maritime Development Inia Seruiratu said this while commissioning the Kiuva village sea wall project that was funded by Beijing.
"The rise in sea level is leading to coastal erosion... There is noticeable infiltration of the sea into the village compound during high tide," Seruiratu said.
"The Kiuva sea wall project is one such example to address the sea level rise and to protect the village surroundings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane