China donates sea wall to Fiji
Suva: China Wednesday donated a sea wall to Fiji to check coastal erosion.
Fiji`s Minister for Rural and Maritime Development Inia Seruiratu said this while commissioning the Kiuva village sea wall project that was funded by Beijing.
"The rise in sea level is leading to coastal erosion... There is noticeable infiltration of the sea into the village compound during high tide," Seruiratu said.
"The Kiuva sea wall project is one such example to address the sea level rise and to protect the village surroundings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport