China donates sea wall to Fiji
Suva: China Wednesday donated a sea wall to Fiji to check coastal erosion.
Fiji`s Minister for Rural and Maritime Development Inia Seruiratu said this while commissioning the Kiuva village sea wall project that was funded by Beijing.
"The rise in sea level is leading to coastal erosion... There is noticeable infiltration of the sea into the village compound during high tide," Seruiratu said.
"The Kiuva sea wall project is one such example to address the sea level rise and to protect the village surroundings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill