China donates sea wall to Fiji
Suva: China Wednesday donated a sea wall to Fiji to check coastal erosion.
Fiji`s Minister for Rural and Maritime Development Inia Seruiratu said this while commissioning the Kiuva village sea wall project that was funded by Beijing.
"The rise in sea level is leading to coastal erosion... There is noticeable infiltration of the sea into the village compound during high tide," Seruiratu said.
"The Kiuva sea wall project is one such example to address the sea level rise and to protect the village surroundings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'