China douses India’s concerns of taking control of Pak’s Gwadar Port
Islamabad: Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan, Liu Jian has asserted that no one should be worried or annoyed by Pakistan’s handing over Gwadar Port to China.
Talking to Nawa-i-Waqt at a function, the dignitary disclosed that the agreement regarding the transfer of management of the deep-sea port will be signed on Monday.
According to the Nation, about India’s criticism and concerns regarding the handing over of the port, he said that no country should have apprehensions over Pak-China cooperation.
He added that the bilateral arrangement is in the economic interest of the peoples of China and Pakistan.
Asked that certain countries were thinking China would use this port for military purposes, he said that the hypothesis was absolutely baseless.
Asked if the change in government in Pakistan after the elections would have any impact on Pakistan-China ties, the ambassador said the friendship of the two countries was time-tested.
According to the report, Jian further said China wanted Pakistan’s solidarity and economic development and it would continue helping it.
He said that Pakistan should give more attention to its economic development, adding that Gwadar Port would play an important role to this end.
The Pakistanis pitched the deal as an energy and trade corridor that would connect China to Arabian Sea and Strait of Hormuz, a gateway for a third of the world’s traded oil, overland through an expanded Karakoram Highway, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says