China earthquake: 22 rescued from debris
Beijing: Firefighters have rescued 22 people from debris after a 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest China`s Gansu province, officials said.
A total of 268,400 people have been relocated after the quake, which killed at least 95 people and injured another 1,461, Xinhua cited the earthquake relief headquarters as saying.
Electricity and telecom facilities were back online in the quake zone on Wednesday.
The provincial fire department has deployed 520 firefighters and 70 fire trucks in rescue efforts. More than 4,000 soldiers and policemen have also joined in the mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested