China earthquake: 22 rescued from debris
Beijing: Firefighters have rescued 22 people from debris after a 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest China`s Gansu province, officials said.
A total of 268,400 people have been relocated after the quake, which killed at least 95 people and injured another 1,461, Xinhua cited the earthquake relief headquarters as saying.
Electricity and telecom facilities were back online in the quake zone on Wednesday.
The provincial fire department has deployed 520 firefighters and 70 fire trucks in rescue efforts. More than 4,000 soldiers and policemen have also joined in the mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued