China earthquake: 22 rescued from debris
Beijing: Firefighters have rescued 22 people from debris after a 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest China`s Gansu province, officials said.
A total of 268,400 people have been relocated after the quake, which killed at least 95 people and injured another 1,461, Xinhua cited the earthquake relief headquarters as saying.
Electricity and telecom facilities were back online in the quake zone on Wednesday.
The provincial fire department has deployed 520 firefighters and 70 fire trucks in rescue efforts. More than 4,000 soldiers and policemen have also joined in the mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video