China editor leaves amid uproar over Army remark
Beijing: A Chinese newspaper editor has left his job after comments were posted to his paper`s official microblog mocking the ruling Communist Party`s insistence that it command the loyalty of the nation`s military.
Yu Chen today confirmed that he was no longer the Southern Metropolitan`s in-depth editor. He declined to discuss the reason or other details in a sign of the sensitivity of the matter.
However, activist friend Hu Jia said Yu told him he stepped down after the remarks were posted by an unknown person, a claim repeated by online media based overseas.
The remarks said that if the party insists on full control over the military, then the people should have the right to form their own Army. The party strongly opposes putting the military under government control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday