China expels official known for pricey watches
Beijing: China says a provincial safety official notorious for his callous attitude and taste for luxury wristwatches has been expelled from the ruling Communist Party and is facing corruption charges in a sign of the Internet`s growing role in exposing corruption.
The Shaanxi provincial government said provincial safety inspection bureau boss Yang Dacai had been found guilty of "serious violations of discipline" while in office and was suspected of unspecified crimes.
It says he was stripped of his party membership and his case was referred to prosecutors.
Yang found unwelcome fame last year when a photo of him grinning broadly at the scene of a highway bus accident that killed 36 was posted on the Internet. That was followed by pictures of him wearing a range of expensive wristwatches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer