China extradites gangster suspects from Angola
Beijing: Thirty seven Chinese national suspected to have been involved in various organised crimes, including blackmail and prostitution, in Angola were on Saturday brought back to face trial in the country, police said.
They were brought here by air with heavy police escorts to be tried in Chinese courts.
The suspects were allegedly involved in kidnapping, robbery, blackmail, human trafficking and forcing women into prostitution, statement from the Ministry of Public Security said.
Chinese police sent a special team to Angola and, with the cooperation of local police, they cracked 12 criminal organisations and 48 criminal cases, rescuing 14 Chinese victims, Xinhua news agency quoted the statement as saying.
It was the first time Chinese police launched a large-scale action against crimes targeting Chinese in Africa, setting a new example of cooperation with African police, Liu Ancheng, head of the criminal division under the ministry said.
Angola has emerged as major African country for Chinese businesses in the recent years. According to state-run CCTV about 2.5 lakh Chinese currently reside in Angola.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know