China factory blast: 20,000 evacuated
Beijing: Five people were injured and about 20,000 were evacuated after a chemical plant blast in southwest China`s Guizhou Province on Monday morning, local authorities have said.
The accident happened at about 10:20 am at a factory of Bestchem Co Ltd in the provincial capital city of Guiyang, a municipal government official said at the site.
Firefighters are still working there, with heavy smoke filling the sky.
About 20,000 people within a 1.5-km vicinity of the factory have been evacuated to safe places, the official said.
The factory, located in Baiyun District of Guiyang, mainly produces pyrethroid.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!