China fishing boat sinks, 7 missing
Beijing: State media report seven crew members are missing and feared drowned after their fishing boat sank in a southern Chinese river.
The official Xinhua News Agency says another four people were rescued after it sank early Sunday.
The Monday report says rescue boats and divers have been sent to search the area where the vessel went down in the Xijiang River in the southern province of Guangdong.
The cause of the sinking is under investigation, although the report says there was no evidence of a collision.
Parts of southern China have been hit by freezing rain in recent days, stranding thousands of travellers. Monday was a public holiday in China and calls to local authorities in Guangdong`s Yunan county rang unanswered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre