China fishing boat sinks, 7 missing
Beijing: State media report seven crew members are missing and feared drowned after their fishing boat sank in a southern Chinese river.
The official Xinhua News Agency says another four people were rescued after it sank early Sunday.
The Monday report says rescue boats and divers have been sent to search the area where the vessel went down in the Xijiang River in the southern province of Guangdong.
The cause of the sinking is under investigation, although the report says there was no evidence of a collision.
Parts of southern China have been hit by freezing rain in recent days, stranding thousands of travellers. Monday was a public holiday in China and calls to local authorities in Guangdong`s Yunan county rang unanswered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport