China fishing boat sinks, 7 missing
Beijing: State media report seven crew members are missing and feared drowned after their fishing boat sank in a southern Chinese river.
The official Xinhua News Agency says another four people were rescued after it sank early Sunday.
The Monday report says rescue boats and divers have been sent to search the area where the vessel went down in the Xijiang River in the southern province of Guangdong.
The cause of the sinking is under investigation, although the report says there was no evidence of a collision.
Parts of southern China have been hit by freezing rain in recent days, stranding thousands of travellers. Monday was a public holiday in China and calls to local authorities in Guangdong`s Yunan county rang unanswered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you