China, France bust illegal immigration network
Paris: China and France have busted a network which transported illegal Chinese immigrants to Europe, officials said.
The French Immigration Ministry said on Thursday several members of the network headed by a Chinese national living in Paris and a number of illegal immigrants were arrested on July 27 during simultaneous operations in France and China, Xinhua reported.
Investigations showed that each illegal migrant paid between EUR 12,000-15,000 (USD 15,000-18,000) to book a ticket to Europe.
France hailed the police efforts of both nations and called for stronger ties with China to crack down on human trafficking.
"I congratulated the teams for dismantling an important network of illegal immigration from China, to Italy, Spain and Luxembourg, whose principal organisers were based in Paris and Shanghai," said Eric Besson, Minister of Immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened