China, France bust illegal immigration network
Paris: China and France have busted a network which transported illegal Chinese immigrants to Europe, officials said.
The French Immigration Ministry said on Thursday several members of the network headed by a Chinese national living in Paris and a number of illegal immigrants were arrested on July 27 during simultaneous operations in France and China, Xinhua reported.
Investigations showed that each illegal migrant paid between EUR 12,000-15,000 (USD 15,000-18,000) to book a ticket to Europe.
France hailed the police efforts of both nations and called for stronger ties with China to crack down on human trafficking.
"I congratulated the teams for dismantling an important network of illegal immigration from China, to Italy, Spain and Luxembourg, whose principal organisers were based in Paris and Shanghai," said Eric Besson, Minister of Immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them