China, France bust illegal immigration network
Paris: China and France have busted a network which transported illegal Chinese immigrants to Europe, officials said.
The French Immigration Ministry said on Thursday several members of the network headed by a Chinese national living in Paris and a number of illegal immigrants were arrested on July 27 during simultaneous operations in France and China, Xinhua reported.
Investigations showed that each illegal migrant paid between EUR 12,000-15,000 (USD 15,000-18,000) to book a ticket to Europe.
France hailed the police efforts of both nations and called for stronger ties with China to crack down on human trafficking.
"I congratulated the teams for dismantling an important network of illegal immigration from China, to Italy, Spain and Luxembourg, whose principal organisers were based in Paris and Shanghai," said Eric Besson, Minister of Immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Indian man washes vegetables in sewer water (Watch video)
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality
- Man detained from Dubai-Kozhikode IndiGo flight did not raise ISIS slogans
- Armed with a brush, a dalit fights paralysis with miniature art
- Menopause, insomnia may accelerate ageing