China, France bust illegal immigration network
Paris: China and France have busted a network which transported illegal Chinese immigrants to Europe, officials said.
The French Immigration Ministry said on Thursday several members of the network headed by a Chinese national living in Paris and a number of illegal immigrants were arrested on July 27 during simultaneous operations in France and China, Xinhua reported.
Investigations showed that each illegal migrant paid between EUR 12,000-15,000 (USD 15,000-18,000) to book a ticket to Europe.
France hailed the police efforts of both nations and called for stronger ties with China to crack down on human trafficking.
"I congratulated the teams for dismantling an important network of illegal immigration from China, to Italy, Spain and Luxembourg, whose principal organisers were based in Paris and Shanghai," said Eric Besson, Minister of Immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you