China garment factory fire claims 14 lives
Beijing: At least 14 people were killed in a fire at an underwear factory in south China Tuesday.
The fire, which broke out at the factory in Chaonan district in Guangdong province in the afternoon, was contained half an hour later, the emergency management office of the provincial government said in a statement.
An initial investigation showed that the fire was the result of arson. Police have arrested a suspect surnamed Liu has been in connection with the incident.
One person was also injured in the fire.
Senior provincial officials have ordered to set up a working team to investigate the cause of the fire and to step up safety measures to avoid similar fatal fires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say