China gives $30,000 to drought-hit Ethiopia
Addis Ababa: China on Wednesday gave $30,000 in aid to drought-hit Ethiopia, Xinhua reported.
This is the second time the Chinese government has offered financial aid to the country to fight drought.
"We now have a strong relationship with the CRCS (Chinese Red Cross Society) in terms of capacity building. Two of our staff are now training in disaster management in China," Fasika Kebede, secretary general of the Ethiopia Red Cross Society (ERCS), said at a ceremony here to mark the occasion. She said the donation will enhance ties between the two countries.
Wei Hongtian, Charge d`Affairs of the Chinese embassy in Ethiopia, said China has sincere concern for the Ethiopian people, especially for those who are facing food shortage and living in hardship due to a severe drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred