China gives $30,000 to drought-hit Ethiopia
Addis Ababa: China on Wednesday gave $30,000 in aid to drought-hit Ethiopia, Xinhua reported.
This is the second time the Chinese government has offered financial aid to the country to fight drought.
"We now have a strong relationship with the CRCS (Chinese Red Cross Society) in terms of capacity building. Two of our staff are now training in disaster management in China," Fasika Kebede, secretary general of the Ethiopia Red Cross Society (ERCS), said at a ceremony here to mark the occasion. She said the donation will enhance ties between the two countries.
Wei Hongtian, Charge d`Affairs of the Chinese embassy in Ethiopia, said China has sincere concern for the Ethiopian people, especially for those who are facing food shortage and living in hardship due to a severe drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic