China gives $30,000 to drought-hit Ethiopia
Addis Ababa: China on Wednesday gave $30,000 in aid to drought-hit Ethiopia, Xinhua reported.
This is the second time the Chinese government has offered financial aid to the country to fight drought.
"We now have a strong relationship with the CRCS (Chinese Red Cross Society) in terms of capacity building. Two of our staff are now training in disaster management in China," Fasika Kebede, secretary general of the Ethiopia Red Cross Society (ERCS), said at a ceremony here to mark the occasion. She said the donation will enhance ties between the two countries.
Wei Hongtian, Charge d`Affairs of the Chinese embassy in Ethiopia, said China has sincere concern for the Ethiopian people, especially for those who are facing food shortage and living in hardship due to a severe drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet