China growing stronger, US declining since 2008: Defence survey
Washington: Nearly 82 percent of the US defence leaders reportedly believe that the communist China is growing stronger, while the American defence system is declining in its strength, a survey revealed.
The Defence News Leadership Poll conducted by Gannett`s Defense News showed that the majority of defence industry leaders, congressional staff and consultants believed that the United States is weaker today than five years ago, when President Barack Obama won the elections, the Washington Times reports.
According to the report, 39 percent out of 350 respondents identified themselves as Republican and 14 percent as Democrats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch