China hit by sex scandals; more videos of officials expected
Beijing: China is facing an avalanche of sex scandals as `investigative reporter`, whose videos of an official in compromising position with his mistress, created embarrassment for the government, plans to release more such clips.
The threat came even as an "anchor" of a TV station charged a Communist Party politician of coercing her into long-term relationship.
Zhu Ruifeng, a "Reporter with counter-corruption website" jdwsy.Com, told state-run Global Times that five more sex videos featuring officials of Chongqing, till early this year ruled by disgraced Party leader Bo Xilai, will be released after getting enough proof of their authenticity.
Zhu posted the 12-second-long video to the Internet last week showing Lei Zhengfu, then secretary of the Beibei District Committee of the Communist Party of China in Chongqing, in compromising position with an 18-year-old Zhao Hongxia.
Zhu claims Zhao has been Lei`s mistress for the last five years.
Lei, 54, who has been sacked and faced disciplinary probe by the Party, had been receiving bribes and sexual favours provided by local businessmen, Zhu said.
The video, filmed by Zhao with a hidden camera, was later used to threaten Lei by the construction company but Lei managed to get local police, led by then police chief Wang Lijun, to detain Zhao for a month and send the company manager to prison for one year, Zhu said.
Wang, who fled to US Consulate fearing reprisals from Bo over investigations into his wife Gu Kailai`s involvement in the murder of British businessman Neil Heywood has been imprisoned for 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand