China identifies suspect in Japan envoy’s car attack
Tokyo: Chinese authorities have identified a man suspected of attacking the Japanese ambassador`s car in Beijing.
An official in the Beijing Public Security Bureau’s press office indicated the Japanese embassy would be contacted soon with the information.
According to The Japan Times, the official stressed that Tokyo would be notified about the outcome of the investigation as soon as possible.
Ambassador Uichiro Niwa’s car was attacked in Beijing on August 28 while he was returning to the embassy.
A man, believed to be a Chinese national, got out of the BMW from the front passenger side, took a Japanese flag from the ambassador`s car and ran away.
Some observers suggested the investigation into the incident was unlikely to be concluded quickly, as anti-Japan sentiment in China has intensified over the Senkaku territorial dispute.
According to the report, many Internet users have posted messages in Chinese praising the man who seized the flag as a hero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa