China, Indonesia eye closer military ties
Beijing: China wants closer military ties with Indonesia, Defence Minister Liang Guanglie said here on Monday.
China is ready to advance strategic partnership with Indonesia for peace and development of the region and the world, Liang said.
He was speaking to Indonesian Ambassador to China Imron Cotan, Xinhua reported.
Both sides have held defence consultations, joint training, among others, in the recent past.
Imron said Indonesia regards working with China as an opportunity rather than a challenge.
Liang visited Indonesia last May at the invitation of his Indonesian counterpart Purnomo Yusgiantoro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?