China, Indonesia eye closer military ties
Beijing: China wants closer military ties with Indonesia, Defence Minister Liang Guanglie said here on Monday.
China is ready to advance strategic partnership with Indonesia for peace and development of the region and the world, Liang said.
He was speaking to Indonesian Ambassador to China Imron Cotan, Xinhua reported.
Both sides have held defence consultations, joint training, among others, in the recent past.
Imron said Indonesia regards working with China as an opportunity rather than a challenge.
Liang visited Indonesia last May at the invitation of his Indonesian counterpart Purnomo Yusgiantoro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal