China investigates suspected Taiwanese spy
Beijing: China is investigating a Taiwanese for suspected criminal and spying activities endangering national and public security, Chinese state security organs said today.
Chung Ting-pang is suspected of having got hold of several classified documents from residents in the Chinese mainland since 2003, according to a state security organ in east China`s Jiangxi province.
He is also thought to have sent broadcasting and television devices to the mainland and suborned mainland residents to sabotage broadcasting and TV facilities, state- run Xinhua news agency reported.
Chung colluded with others several times to use professional devices to disturb satellite signals which were used to relay mainland TV programs to Taiwan, Jiangxi`s state security organ said.
"Chung`s behaviour has violated China`s relevant criminal laws, and he is suspected of conducting criminal activities that are detrimental to national and public security," said a statement from the body.
Jiangxi officials summoned Chung orally to ask him to assist investigation of the cases on June 18.
To meet the requirements of the investigation, the security organ decided later at night to exercise compulsory monitoring of Chung`s residence, the report said.
On June 19, the security organ notified a relative of Chung in the mainland of his situation and arranged for the relative to meet him in the afternoon.
It also asked the relative to tell Chung`s wife, who is in Taiwan, that he is assisting with the investigation.
Jiangxi`s state security organ conducted Chung`s case in accordance with the laws and has safeguarded his rights during the procedure, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt