China is world’s leading economic power, 52 % Americans believe
Washington: A majority of Americans consider China as the world’s leading economic power.
In a recent poll conducted by Gallup, fifty-two percent chose China while 32 percent chose the United States as the world’s top economic power. Seven percent pointed to Japan, while the remaining options, that included Russia and India, were chosen by three percent or less.
However, in 2009 Americans were nearly split on which country was the dominant economic power, with 39 percent choosing China and 37 percent choosing the United States. Whereas 65 percent chose US, while just ten percent chose China, in 2000, says the Gallup polls.
On a poll question asking which country would be the world``s leading economic power in 20 years, forty-seven percent of Americans said China, while 35 percent pointed to their own country, the Washington Post reports.
China overtook Japan on Monday as the world``s second-largest economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened