China is world’s leading economic power, 52 % Americans believe
Washington: A majority of Americans consider China as the world’s leading economic power.
In a recent poll conducted by Gallup, fifty-two percent chose China while 32 percent chose the United States as the world’s top economic power. Seven percent pointed to Japan, while the remaining options, that included Russia and India, were chosen by three percent or less.
However, in 2009 Americans were nearly split on which country was the dominant economic power, with 39 percent choosing China and 37 percent choosing the United States. Whereas 65 percent chose US, while just ten percent chose China, in 2000, says the Gallup polls.
On a poll question asking which country would be the world``s leading economic power in 20 years, forty-seven percent of Americans said China, while 35 percent pointed to their own country, the Washington Post reports.
China overtook Japan on Monday as the world``s second-largest economy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!