China is world’s leading economic power, 52 % Americans believe
Washington: A majority of Americans consider China as the world’s leading economic power.
In a recent poll conducted by Gallup, fifty-two percent chose China while 32 percent chose the United States as the world’s top economic power. Seven percent pointed to Japan, while the remaining options, that included Russia and India, were chosen by three percent or less.
However, in 2009 Americans were nearly split on which country was the dominant economic power, with 39 percent choosing China and 37 percent choosing the United States. Whereas 65 percent chose US, while just ten percent chose China, in 2000, says the Gallup polls.
On a poll question asking which country would be the world``s leading economic power in 20 years, forty-seven percent of Americans said China, while 35 percent pointed to their own country, the Washington Post reports.
China overtook Japan on Monday as the world``s second-largest economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday