China is world’s leading economic power, 52 % Americans believe
Washington: A majority of Americans consider China as the world’s leading economic power.
In a recent poll conducted by Gallup, fifty-two percent chose China while 32 percent chose the United States as the world’s top economic power. Seven percent pointed to Japan, while the remaining options, that included Russia and India, were chosen by three percent or less.
However, in 2009 Americans were nearly split on which country was the dominant economic power, with 39 percent choosing China and 37 percent choosing the United States. Whereas 65 percent chose US, while just ten percent chose China, in 2000, says the Gallup polls.
On a poll question asking which country would be the world``s leading economic power in 20 years, forty-seven percent of Americans said China, while 35 percent pointed to their own country, the Washington Post reports.
China overtook Japan on Monday as the world``s second-largest economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!