`China isn`t second strongest country`
Beijing: China is not the second strongest country but the second largest economy, a foreign ministry official has said, adding that for all its remarkable progress the country still has many weak links.
Speaking at a forum held by China Institute of International Studies in Beijing, Assistant Foreign Minister Le Yucheng, said: "China is still a growing country with imbalanced development", China Daily reported.
Stating that China still has many weak links despite progress, Le said: "It is not unwilling - but unable - to take on more international responsibilities and fully play the role of a major country."
"Just like in sports: Though China has a comfortable lead in table tennis, it is almost impossible for China to win a gold medal in football," he said.
Le, however, claimed when it comes to safeguarding world peace, stability and development, China has always done its best and its track record is as good as any other country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing