China issues alert for typhoon Haiyan
Beijing: The China National Marine Environmental Forecasting Centre Friday issued a warning for very high sea waves generated by typhoon Haiyan.
According to the centre, Haiyan, the 30th and strongest typhoon to hit China this year, is now influencing the eastern part of the South China Sea, with three-metre waves near Dongsha island, reports Xinhua.
From Friday night to Saturday daytime, six to nine-metre waves will appear, with three to four metre waves further north.
As waves may reach nine metres, the centre asked ships to return to ports, and told coastal areas to take precautionary measures in advance.
The Bohai and Yellow Sea will also be very rough Saturday with three to 4.5-metre waves, while two to three-metre waves will hit Liaoning, Hebei, Tianjin and the Shandong Peninsula.
The centre also issued an alert for storm surge, estimating that from Saturday noon to night, 50-130 cm of storm surge will appear in Bohai Sea, and 60-160 cm in Laizhou Bay in southern Bohai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'