China issues disaster alert on Typhoon Krosa
Beijing: China on Friday issued an alert against Typhoon Krosa as it approached the country`s coastal regions in the south.
The warning, issued by the National Disaster Reduction Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs, urged local civil authorities to prepare for emergencies and minimise possible losses caused by the typhoon, the 29th to strike China this year.
The commission also asked provinces of Fujian, Guangdong and Hainan and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region to strengthen vigilance, monitor any changes to Krosa`s track and issue warnings in a timely manner.
Local authorities were also told to report any damage and relief progress to superior departments, as well as send relief materials and funds to ensure affected people are provided with the basic living necessities.
The centre of Krosa was to the east of Wanning City in Hainan Province early this morning.
It will continue to strengthen as it moves northwest at a speed of eight km per hour, according to a forecast from the National Meteorological Centre.
Heavy rain and rainstorms have been forecast in the east of Hainan and central coastal Guangdong between Saturday and Monday, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?