China issues disaster alert on Typhoon Krosa
Beijing: China on Friday issued an alert against Typhoon Krosa as it approached the country`s coastal regions in the south.
The warning, issued by the National Disaster Reduction Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs, urged local civil authorities to prepare for emergencies and minimise possible losses caused by the typhoon, the 29th to strike China this year.
The commission also asked provinces of Fujian, Guangdong and Hainan and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region to strengthen vigilance, monitor any changes to Krosa`s track and issue warnings in a timely manner.
Local authorities were also told to report any damage and relief progress to superior departments, as well as send relief materials and funds to ensure affected people are provided with the basic living necessities.
The centre of Krosa was to the east of Wanning City in Hainan Province early this morning.
It will continue to strengthen as it moves northwest at a speed of eight km per hour, according to a forecast from the National Meteorological Centre.
Heavy rain and rainstorms have been forecast in the east of Hainan and central coastal Guangdong between Saturday and Monday, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Here comes a smarter search engine than Google!
- Wanted to make 'Sultan' only with Salman: Ali Abbas Zafar
- Watch: Behind-the-scenes 'Trip' of 'Udta Punjab' will make you more impatient for its release
- Separatist leaders in Kashmir join hands against colonies for Pandits
- Five reasons you should stop eating bread!