China issues sandstorm alert
Beijing: China`s meteorological authorities Sunday issued a low-level alert against sandstorms that are expected to hit the country`s northwest regions.
China has a four-colour coded warning system, with red being the most serious and followed by orange, yellow and blue. On Sunday, the meteorological authorities issued a blue alert, the lowest level in the warning system.
The National Meteorological Center (NMC) said that some parts in south Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, central and western parts of Gansu province and Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, central and northern areas of Ningxia will see dust weather over the next 24 hours, with sandstorm forecasted in some regions, Xinhua reported.
Strong winds of up to level 11 will accompany the sand in those areas, the NMC said.
The authorities warned residents in the affected areas to be prepared for the sandstorm and wear dust-proof masks to guard against possible harms.
Meanwhile, the NMC said moderate rainfalls or showers will hit most parts of central and eastern China from Sunday to Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura: Women protest power, water cut by climbing atop overhead tank
- Ruckus in Jammu and Kashmir assembly
- More possible MH370 debris found in Mozambique
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,000 Baleno, around 2000 DZire cars starting May 31
- Birthday special: Check out TOP 10 pics of Shah Rukh Khan's youngest minion AbRam!