China issues sandstorm alert
Beijing: China`s meteorological authorities Sunday issued a low-level alert against sandstorms that are expected to hit the country`s northwest regions.
China has a four-colour coded warning system, with red being the most serious and followed by orange, yellow and blue. On Sunday, the meteorological authorities issued a blue alert, the lowest level in the warning system.
The National Meteorological Center (NMC) said that some parts in south Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, central and western parts of Gansu province and Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, central and northern areas of Ningxia will see dust weather over the next 24 hours, with sandstorm forecasted in some regions, Xinhua reported.
Strong winds of up to level 11 will accompany the sand in those areas, the NMC said.
The authorities warned residents in the affected areas to be prepared for the sandstorm and wear dust-proof masks to guard against possible harms.
Meanwhile, the NMC said moderate rainfalls or showers will hit most parts of central and eastern China from Sunday to Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH