China issues white paper on judicial reform
Beijing: China Tuesday issued a white paper on judicial reform.
Apart from reviewing China`s judicial system and reform process, the white paper focuses on maintaining social fairness, justice and human rights protection.
"China aims its judicial reform at strengthening its judicial organs` capability in maintaining social justice by optimizing the structure of the judicial organs and allocation of their functions and power, standardizing judicial acts, improving judicial proceedings, and enhancing judicial democracy and legal supervision," it said.
Judicial reform, an important part of China`s political system reform, remains a long and arduous task, reported Xinhua.
The white paper vows continuous efforts to strengthen reform with a goal of establishing a "just, effective and authoritative socialist judicial system with Chinese characteristics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price