China issues white paper on judicial reform
Beijing: China Tuesday issued a white paper on judicial reform.
Apart from reviewing China`s judicial system and reform process, the white paper focuses on maintaining social fairness, justice and human rights protection.
"China aims its judicial reform at strengthening its judicial organs` capability in maintaining social justice by optimizing the structure of the judicial organs and allocation of their functions and power, standardizing judicial acts, improving judicial proceedings, and enhancing judicial democracy and legal supervision," it said.
Judicial reform, an important part of China`s political system reform, remains a long and arduous task, reported Xinhua.
The white paper vows continuous efforts to strengthen reform with a goal of establishing a "just, effective and authoritative socialist judicial system with Chinese characteristics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal