China issues white paper on judicial reform
Beijing: China Tuesday issued a white paper on judicial reform.
Apart from reviewing China`s judicial system and reform process, the white paper focuses on maintaining social fairness, justice and human rights protection.
"China aims its judicial reform at strengthening its judicial organs` capability in maintaining social justice by optimizing the structure of the judicial organs and allocation of their functions and power, standardizing judicial acts, improving judicial proceedings, and enhancing judicial democracy and legal supervision," it said.
Judicial reform, an important part of China`s political system reform, remains a long and arduous task, reported Xinhua.
The white paper vows continuous efforts to strengthen reform with a goal of establishing a "just, effective and authoritative socialist judicial system with Chinese characteristics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1