China jet makes emergency landing after bomb scare
Beijing: A passenger jet flying from the capital of China`s restive Xinjiang region to the south of the country was forced to make an emergency landing after an apparent bomb threat, state media said on Thursday.
The China Southern Airlines flight from Urumqi to Guangzhou landed without incident late yesterday in Lanzhou, capital of the northwestern province of Gansu, the state Xinhua news agency reported, citing security officials.
Air traffic control told police the airline had received a warning that a bomb could be on the plane, the officials said.
All 93 passengers and 18 crew were evacuated safely upon landing, the report said.
Security workers completed their search of the plane early today, but authorities have not said whether an explosive device was found.
Deadly ethnic violence erupted in Urumqi in July 2009, pitting mainly Muslim Uighurs against members of the country`s dominant Han group. Nearly 200 people were killed and 1,700 injured in the unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says