`China key to Pakistan`s look east policy`
Beijing: China is the cornerstone of Pakistan`s "look east policy", a visiting senior Pakistani official has said.
Federal information secretary Chaudhary Rashid Ahmed also said that Pakistan is eager to further develop this relationship for mutual benefit.
During his visit to Pakistan, senior leader of the Communist Party of China Li Changchen met with President Asif Ali Zardari and others to deepen friendly ties, he said.
Ahmed was speaking at a conference, organised by the CPC, on the importance of media cooperation among developing nations, the state-run Pakistani APP news agency reported Saturday.
CPC publicity chief Liu Yunshan said Chinese media organisations will work with other developing countries to promote media cooperation.
He said that it will help foster friendly relations and safeguard common interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman