China kindergarten head jailed for school bus accident
Beijing: The chairman of a privately-run kindergarten in northwest China`s Gansu province was sentenced to seven years in prison for a deadly school bus crash that killed 19 children late last year, a court said.
Twenty-one people, including 19 pre-schoolers, died in November when the school bus, originally a nine-seat van and illegally carrying 64 people, crashed head-on with a coal truck in Zhengning county of Qingyang city, reported Xinhua.
Li Jungang, board chairman of the Little Doctor Kindergarten and also owner of the school bus, received a seven-year jail term after being convicted of a traffic accident crime, the Zhengning county people`s court said in a verdict Friday.
The verdict does not include civil compensation.
Gao Hongxia, Li`s wife, said she will appeal the ruling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered