China kindergarten head jailed for school bus accident
Beijing: The chairman of a privately-run kindergarten in northwest China`s Gansu province was sentenced to seven years in prison for a deadly school bus crash that killed 19 children late last year, a court said.
Twenty-one people, including 19 pre-schoolers, died in November when the school bus, originally a nine-seat van and illegally carrying 64 people, crashed head-on with a coal truck in Zhengning county of Qingyang city, reported Xinhua.
Li Jungang, board chairman of the Little Doctor Kindergarten and also owner of the school bus, received a seven-year jail term after being convicted of a traffic accident crime, the Zhengning county people`s court said in a verdict Friday.
The verdict does not include civil compensation.
Gao Hongxia, Li`s wife, said she will appeal the ruling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon