China kindergarten head jailed for school bus accident
Beijing: The chairman of a privately-run kindergarten in northwest China`s Gansu province was sentenced to seven years in prison for a deadly school bus crash that killed 19 children late last year, a court said.
Twenty-one people, including 19 pre-schoolers, died in November when the school bus, originally a nine-seat van and illegally carrying 64 people, crashed head-on with a coal truck in Zhengning county of Qingyang city, reported Xinhua.
Li Jungang, board chairman of the Little Doctor Kindergarten and also owner of the school bus, received a seven-year jail term after being convicted of a traffic accident crime, the Zhengning county people`s court said in a verdict Friday.
The verdict does not include civil compensation.
Gao Hongxia, Li`s wife, said she will appeal the ruling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane