China launches new communication satellite
Beijing: China`s Long March rocket on Monday
successfully launched a new communication satellite, first
time after its previous mission failed last month.
The Long March-3B rocket carrier put the satellite,
Zhongxing-1A after its launch from Xichang Satellite Launch
Centre in southwestern Sichuan Province, official Xinhua news
Zhongxing-1A was designed and manufactured by the China
Academy of Space Technology under the China Aerospace Science
and Technology Corporation, it said, adding that the satellite
will provide high-quality voice communication, broadcast and
data transmission services for users across China.
The launch was the 146th mission for the Long March
carrier rocket series. This was also the first attempt after a
Long March II-C rocket failed to put a satellite in its
intended orbit on Aug 19.
China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation said
that malfunction in the connection in servomechanism and
second stage venire engine caused failure in second flight
phase of the rocket.
It was the first time the Long March II-C rocket, regarded
as the trusted war horse of Chinese space programme, has
failed after 35 successful launches and only second time that
China had abort a satellite since 1996 after it developed its
space applications modelled on the Russian technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan