China launches new communication satellite
Beijing: China`s Long March rocket on Monday
successfully launched a new communication satellite, first
time after its previous mission failed last month.
The Long March-3B rocket carrier put the satellite,
Zhongxing-1A after its launch from Xichang Satellite Launch
Centre in southwestern Sichuan Province, official Xinhua news
Zhongxing-1A was designed and manufactured by the China
Academy of Space Technology under the China Aerospace Science
and Technology Corporation, it said, adding that the satellite
will provide high-quality voice communication, broadcast and
data transmission services for users across China.
The launch was the 146th mission for the Long March
carrier rocket series. This was also the first attempt after a
Long March II-C rocket failed to put a satellite in its
intended orbit on Aug 19.
China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation said
that malfunction in the connection in servomechanism and
second stage venire engine caused failure in second flight
phase of the rocket.
It was the first time the Long March II-C rocket, regarded
as the trusted war horse of Chinese space programme, has
failed after 35 successful launches and only second time that
China had abort a satellite since 1996 after it developed its
space applications modelled on the Russian technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder