China launches new communication satellite
Beijing: China`s Long March rocket on Monday
successfully launched a new communication satellite, first
time after its previous mission failed last month.
The Long March-3B rocket carrier put the satellite,
Zhongxing-1A after its launch from Xichang Satellite Launch
Centre in southwestern Sichuan Province, official Xinhua news
Zhongxing-1A was designed and manufactured by the China
Academy of Space Technology under the China Aerospace Science
and Technology Corporation, it said, adding that the satellite
will provide high-quality voice communication, broadcast and
data transmission services for users across China.
The launch was the 146th mission for the Long March
carrier rocket series. This was also the first attempt after a
Long March II-C rocket failed to put a satellite in its
intended orbit on Aug 19.
China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation said
that malfunction in the connection in servomechanism and
second stage venire engine caused failure in second flight
phase of the rocket.
It was the first time the Long March II-C rocket, regarded
as the trusted war horse of Chinese space programme, has
failed after 35 successful launches and only second time that
China had abort a satellite since 1996 after it developed its
space applications modelled on the Russian technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM