China launches two satellites with one rocket
Beijing: China has successfully launched two satellites with a single rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in the northwestern Gobi desert.
One satellite is the Chuangxin-1-04 which has been designed to collect and transmit data on hydrology, weather, electric power and disaster relief.
The other one is a "smart satellite" which is designed to conduct multimedia telecommunications experiments, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
The two satellites have reached their preset orbits using the Long March-2D vehicle, the launch centre said.
The launch marked the 192nd mission for the Long March rocket family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city