China launches two satellites with one rocket
Beijing: China has successfully launched two satellites with a single rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in the northwestern Gobi desert.
One satellite is the Chuangxin-1-04 which has been designed to collect and transmit data on hydrology, weather, electric power and disaster relief.
The other one is a "smart satellite" which is designed to conduct multimedia telecommunications experiments, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
The two satellites have reached their preset orbits using the Long March-2D vehicle, the launch centre said.
The launch marked the 192nd mission for the Long March rocket family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered