China leads world in urbanisation: Blue Paper
New Delhi: China`s urban population has reached 46 percent of the total population, making it the largest such population in the world, according to a `Blue Paper` released on Thursday.
By the end of 2009, China`s urban population reached 620 million as both the annual birth rate and the total urban population became the world`s largest, according to `City`s Blue Book: China`s Urban Development Report No 3`, which has been released by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the Social Sciences Academic Press, Xinhua reports.
It said China`s urban population is twice that of the population of the United States and one quarter more than the total population of 27 countries of the European Union.
By 2015, urban residents in China will make up about 52 percent, and by 2030, 65 percent of the total population in the country, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India