China leads world in urbanisation: Blue Paper
New Delhi: China`s urban population has reached 46 percent of the total population, making it the largest such population in the world, according to a `Blue Paper` released on Thursday.
By the end of 2009, China`s urban population reached 620 million as both the annual birth rate and the total urban population became the world`s largest, according to `City`s Blue Book: China`s Urban Development Report No 3`, which has been released by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the Social Sciences Academic Press, Xinhua reports.
It said China`s urban population is twice that of the population of the United States and one quarter more than the total population of 27 countries of the European Union.
By 2015, urban residents in China will make up about 52 percent, and by 2030, 65 percent of the total population in the country, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch