China leads world in urbanisation: Blue Paper
New Delhi: China`s urban population has reached 46 percent of the total population, making it the largest such population in the world, according to a `Blue Paper` released on Thursday.
By the end of 2009, China`s urban population reached 620 million as both the annual birth rate and the total urban population became the world`s largest, according to `City`s Blue Book: China`s Urban Development Report No 3`, which has been released by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the Social Sciences Academic Press, Xinhua reports.
It said China`s urban population is twice that of the population of the United States and one quarter more than the total population of 27 countries of the European Union.
By 2015, urban residents in China will make up about 52 percent, and by 2030, 65 percent of the total population in the country, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video