China limits entertainment programs on TV channels
Beijing: China`s television watchdog has
capped the amount of entertainment programs, including reality
TV shows, that satellite channels can broadcast from next year
and have been asked to promote traditional virtues and
socialist core values.
Each of the country`s 34 satellite channels will be
limited to two such entertainment programs each week, said a
statement issued Tuesday by the State Administration of Radio,
Film and Television (SARFT).
Under the new directive, a channel can also broadcast a
maximum of 90 minutes of content defined as entertainment
every day during prime time - 7:30 pm to 10 pm.
All media in China, including the television channels is
Each province has its own own television channel.
The decision is the latest move to curb TV shows of
"excessive entertainment" and "low taste", programmes like
matchmaker, talent contests, talk shows and reality shows, the
The watchdog will also control the total number of
entertainment shows nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka