China lodges protest with Japan over Dalai Lama visit
Beijing: China Monday lodged a protest with Japan for hosting the Dalai Lama for a 10-day trip as it accused the Tibetan spiritual leader of attempting to split the country "in the disguise of religion".
China strongly opposes all forms of support from any country or any individual for the Dalai Lama`s separatist activities, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told media.
"The Dalai Lama is merely a political exile who has long been engaged in activities to split China under the disguise of religion," Hong Lei said in response to a question regarding the Tibetan spiritual leader`s trip to Japan, which started yesterday.
The Dalai Lama`s "international activities aim at colluding with international anti-China separatist forces to undermine relations between China and other countries so as to split the nation," said Hong.
China has lodged a solemn representation to Japan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak