China: Man held for locking up women as sex slaves
Beijing: A man who exploited six women as sex slaves after locking them up in a cellar in central China has been arrested, a media report said.
Li Hao, a 34-year-old former firefighter, locked up the victims in a cellar that he dug under a storeroom in Henan province`s Luoyang city, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
Li, who is married and has a child, enticed and abducted the women, who worked in night clubs, over the past two years.
He dug the 20-sq-metre cellar four meters deep under the storeroom. The victims were forced to have sex. Two of them were killed and buried in the cellar.
The victims were finally freed in early September after one of them escaped and related her ordeal to the police. She was allowed to venture out since he used her as a prostitute.
Police have, however, arrested one of the rescued women as she was involved in the murder one of the victims, China Daily said Thursday. Police unearthed two bodies from the cellar Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?