China: Man held for locking up women as sex slaves
Beijing: A man who exploited six women as sex slaves after locking them up in a cellar in central China has been arrested, a media report said.
Li Hao, a 34-year-old former firefighter, locked up the victims in a cellar that he dug under a storeroom in Henan province`s Luoyang city, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
Li, who is married and has a child, enticed and abducted the women, who worked in night clubs, over the past two years.
He dug the 20-sq-metre cellar four meters deep under the storeroom. The victims were forced to have sex. Two of them were killed and buried in the cellar.
The victims were finally freed in early September after one of them escaped and related her ordeal to the police. She was allowed to venture out since he used her as a prostitute.
Police have, however, arrested one of the rescued women as she was involved in the murder one of the victims, China Daily said Thursday. Police unearthed two bodies from the cellar Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster