China: Man held for locking up women as sex slaves
Beijing: A man who exploited six women as sex slaves after locking them up in a cellar in central China has been arrested, a media report said.
Li Hao, a 34-year-old former firefighter, locked up the victims in a cellar that he dug under a storeroom in Henan province`s Luoyang city, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
Li, who is married and has a child, enticed and abducted the women, who worked in night clubs, over the past two years.
He dug the 20-sq-metre cellar four meters deep under the storeroom. The victims were forced to have sex. Two of them were killed and buried in the cellar.
The victims were finally freed in early September after one of them escaped and related her ordeal to the police. She was allowed to venture out since he used her as a prostitute.
Police have, however, arrested one of the rescued women as she was involved in the murder one of the victims, China Daily said Thursday. Police unearthed two bodies from the cellar Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city