China: Man held for locking up women as sex slaves
Beijing: A man who exploited six women as sex slaves after locking them up in a cellar in central China has been arrested, a media report said.
Li Hao, a 34-year-old former firefighter, locked up the victims in a cellar that he dug under a storeroom in Henan province`s Luoyang city, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
Li, who is married and has a child, enticed and abducted the women, who worked in night clubs, over the past two years.
He dug the 20-sq-metre cellar four meters deep under the storeroom. The victims were forced to have sex. Two of them were killed and buried in the cellar.
The victims were finally freed in early September after one of them escaped and related her ordeal to the police. She was allowed to venture out since he used her as a prostitute.
Police have, however, arrested one of the rescued women as she was involved in the murder one of the victims, China Daily said Thursday. Police unearthed two bodies from the cellar Sep 6.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India