China: Man held for locking up women as sex slaves
Beijing: A man who exploited six women as sex slaves after locking them up in a cellar in central China has been arrested, a media report said.
Li Hao, a 34-year-old former firefighter, locked up the victims in a cellar that he dug under a storeroom in Henan province`s Luoyang city, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
Li, who is married and has a child, enticed and abducted the women, who worked in night clubs, over the past two years.
He dug the 20-sq-metre cellar four meters deep under the storeroom. The victims were forced to have sex. Two of them were killed and buried in the cellar.
The victims were finally freed in early September after one of them escaped and related her ordeal to the police. She was allowed to venture out since he used her as a prostitute.
Police have, however, arrested one of the rescued women as she was involved in the murder one of the victims, China Daily said Thursday. Police unearthed two bodies from the cellar Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?