China: `Mentally ill` hoax caller youth surrenders
Beijing: A 16-year-old mentally unstable person surrendered to police in south China`s Guangdong Province Wednesday owning up to making hoax bomb threats to two domestic flights.
The suspected hoax caller, surnamed Chen was preliminarily diagnosed as mentally ill after surrendering to police accompanied by his father in Zhongshan City, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
He was mentally unstable at the time of calling the Beijing police emergency line yesterday, it said.
Chen`s threatening call delayed two Air China flights from Lhasa to Beijing via Chengdu and from Nanchang to Beijing which were due for take off yesterday noon.
No dangerous items have been found on either of the flights, which took off last night after careful rechecks.
Chen was diagnosed as suffering from mental dissociation in a hospital in Zhongshan earlier this year, the report said.
Chen has been sent for medical treatment in Zhongshan today with the consent of his family.
Chinese police two days ago detained one person in the troubled Xinjiang region for making a hoax call to Beijing bound flight which force landed at the nearest airport for emergency check up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened