China: `Mentally ill` hoax caller youth surrenders
Beijing: A 16-year-old mentally unstable person surrendered to police in south China`s Guangdong Province Wednesday owning up to making hoax bomb threats to two domestic flights.
The suspected hoax caller, surnamed Chen was preliminarily diagnosed as mentally ill after surrendering to police accompanied by his father in Zhongshan City, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
He was mentally unstable at the time of calling the Beijing police emergency line yesterday, it said.
Chen`s threatening call delayed two Air China flights from Lhasa to Beijing via Chengdu and from Nanchang to Beijing which were due for take off yesterday noon.
No dangerous items have been found on either of the flights, which took off last night after careful rechecks.
Chen was diagnosed as suffering from mental dissociation in a hospital in Zhongshan earlier this year, the report said.
Chen has been sent for medical treatment in Zhongshan today with the consent of his family.
Chinese police two days ago detained one person in the troubled Xinjiang region for making a hoax call to Beijing bound flight which force landed at the nearest airport for emergency check up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump