China: `Mentally ill` hoax caller youth surrenders
Beijing: A 16-year-old mentally unstable person surrendered to police in south China`s Guangdong Province Wednesday owning up to making hoax bomb threats to two domestic flights.
The suspected hoax caller, surnamed Chen was preliminarily diagnosed as mentally ill after surrendering to police accompanied by his father in Zhongshan City, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
He was mentally unstable at the time of calling the Beijing police emergency line yesterday, it said.
Chen`s threatening call delayed two Air China flights from Lhasa to Beijing via Chengdu and from Nanchang to Beijing which were due for take off yesterday noon.
No dangerous items have been found on either of the flights, which took off last night after careful rechecks.
Chen was diagnosed as suffering from mental dissociation in a hospital in Zhongshan earlier this year, the report said.
Chen has been sent for medical treatment in Zhongshan today with the consent of his family.
Chinese police two days ago detained one person in the troubled Xinjiang region for making a hoax call to Beijing bound flight which force landed at the nearest airport for emergency check up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past