China: More non-communists as department heads
Beijing: More non-communist Chinese would be appointed as chiefs, rather than deputy heads, of governmental agencies, according to an official statement.
Currently, two ministers in the cabinet are not members of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC), reported Xinhua.
Concrete efforts should be made to reserve more vacancies as government heads or directors for non-CPC member individuals, said the United Front Department of the CPC Central Committee after a conference held to enforce a newly introduced CPC human resources guideline.
The statement specified the goals of having more non-communist elites to serve as senior leaders within the legislatures, political consultative bodies, courts and procuratorates at various levels.
It also pledged to put in place training, supporting and supervisory mechanisms as well as institutional arrangements to safeguard the implementation.
The circular carrying the landmark guideline was issued in late February by the CPC Central Committee, while its full text is unavailable on internet so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das