China: More non-communists as department heads
Beijing: More non-communist Chinese would be appointed as chiefs, rather than deputy heads, of governmental agencies, according to an official statement.
Currently, two ministers in the cabinet are not members of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC), reported Xinhua.
Concrete efforts should be made to reserve more vacancies as government heads or directors for non-CPC member individuals, said the United Front Department of the CPC Central Committee after a conference held to enforce a newly introduced CPC human resources guideline.
The statement specified the goals of having more non-communist elites to serve as senior leaders within the legislatures, political consultative bodies, courts and procuratorates at various levels.
It also pledged to put in place training, supporting and supervisory mechanisms as well as institutional arrangements to safeguard the implementation.
The circular carrying the landmark guideline was issued in late February by the CPC Central Committee, while its full text is unavailable on internet so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands