China offering cash for self-immolation tip offs
Beijing: Police in the Chinese province of Gansu have offered rewards for giving information about planned self-immolations by Tibetans.
The police said whoever tells them about planned immolations will be awarded CNY 50,000.
Information about those who organise immolations will also be rewarded, the BBC reports.
A notice issued by the police says the immolations have "seriously impacted social stability and harmony as well as people`s ability to live and work".
“Anyone who reports and informs the legal authorities on the people who plan, incite to carry out, control and lure people to commit self-immolation will be awarded CNY 50,000,” it said.
According to the report, it also added that anyone who provides genuine information about what it calls the "black hands", referring to those behind four recent self-immolations, will be awarded CNY 200,000.
This is believed to be the first reward offer of its kind in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head