China offering cash for self-immolation tip offs
Beijing: Police in the Chinese province of Gansu have offered rewards for giving information about planned self-immolations by Tibetans.
The police said whoever tells them about planned immolations will be awarded CNY 50,000.
Information about those who organise immolations will also be rewarded, the BBC reports.
A notice issued by the police says the immolations have "seriously impacted social stability and harmony as well as people`s ability to live and work".
“Anyone who reports and informs the legal authorities on the people who plan, incite to carry out, control and lure people to commit self-immolation will be awarded CNY 50,000,” it said.
According to the report, it also added that anyone who provides genuine information about what it calls the "black hands", referring to those behind four recent self-immolations, will be awarded CNY 200,000.
This is believed to be the first reward offer of its kind in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred