China offering cash for self-immolation tip offs
Beijing: Police in the Chinese province of Gansu have offered rewards for giving information about planned self-immolations by Tibetans.
The police said whoever tells them about planned immolations will be awarded CNY 50,000.
Information about those who organise immolations will also be rewarded, the BBC reports.
A notice issued by the police says the immolations have "seriously impacted social stability and harmony as well as people`s ability to live and work".
“Anyone who reports and informs the legal authorities on the people who plan, incite to carry out, control and lure people to commit self-immolation will be awarded CNY 50,000,” it said.
According to the report, it also added that anyone who provides genuine information about what it calls the "black hands", referring to those behind four recent self-immolations, will be awarded CNY 200,000.
This is believed to be the first reward offer of its kind in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY