China offering cash for self-immolation tip offs
Beijing: Police in the Chinese province of Gansu have offered rewards for giving information about planned self-immolations by Tibetans.
The police said whoever tells them about planned immolations will be awarded CNY 50,000.
Information about those who organise immolations will also be rewarded, the BBC reports.
A notice issued by the police says the immolations have "seriously impacted social stability and harmony as well as people`s ability to live and work".
“Anyone who reports and informs the legal authorities on the people who plan, incite to carry out, control and lure people to commit self-immolation will be awarded CNY 50,000,” it said.
According to the report, it also added that anyone who provides genuine information about what it calls the "black hands", referring to those behind four recent self-immolations, will be awarded CNY 200,000.
This is believed to be the first reward offer of its kind in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore