China opposes US-South Korea joint military exercise
New Delhi: A top Chinese military official has objected to the proposed joint military exercise between the United States and South Korea in the Yellow Sea.
General Ma Xiaotian, deputy chief of general staff of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army, told reporters that the location of the upcoming military drill is very close to Chinese territorial waters.
General Ma’s comment was China’s first public opposition to the drill, the China Daily reports.
The US and South Korea announced the combined military drill in early June to counter North Korea’s alleged sinking of an ROK’s warship Cheonan in late March that killed 46 sailors.
Soon after it was announced, the anti-submarine drill was delayed to mid-June, and then postponed again to the last week of June.
On June 28, South Korea again postponed the drill to July to ensure US attendance, the paper reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it