China orders probe into military projects
Beijing: China will launch a sweeping investigation into construction and real estate projects owned by the military as part of a campaign by the country`s new leadership against corruption.
Fan Changlong, Vice Chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), told a national teleconference on Thursday that the investigation should be "thorough, accurate and reliable".
Fan ordered military leaders to properly manage military real estate assets, strictly control the number of new construction projects and practice frugality in construction projects.
Military leaders were also ordered to "address prominent problems and regulate construction management," and work to ensure that both officers and soldiers can see a "new look," state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Thursday.
No timetable was given for the investigation, which has been seen as part of the military`s efforts to curb corruption.
Since Xi Jinping became general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and head of the military in 2012, both institutions have launched high-profile campaigns to stem corruption.
In May, the military moved to curb irregularities by ordering old military vehicle plates to be replaced with new ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what