China orders probe into military projects
Beijing: China will launch a sweeping investigation into construction and real estate projects owned by the military as part of a campaign by the country`s new leadership against corruption.
Fan Changlong, Vice Chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), told a national teleconference on Thursday that the investigation should be "thorough, accurate and reliable".
Fan ordered military leaders to properly manage military real estate assets, strictly control the number of new construction projects and practice frugality in construction projects.
Military leaders were also ordered to "address prominent problems and regulate construction management," and work to ensure that both officers and soldiers can see a "new look," state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Thursday.
No timetable was given for the investigation, which has been seen as part of the military`s efforts to curb corruption.
Since Xi Jinping became general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and head of the military in 2012, both institutions have launched high-profile campaigns to stem corruption.
In May, the military moved to curb irregularities by ordering old military vehicle plates to be replaced with new ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II