China orders top Army officers to declare assets
Beijing: China is ordering ranking military officers to declare their personal incomes and property such as real estate in a further attempt to rein in rampant corruption.
State media reports on Friday said all investments must be disclosed in the standard declaration of personal matters required of all leading officers.
The website of the People`s Liberation Army Daily newspaper said the officers` information will be checked under strengthened verification procedures.
PLA officers enjoy numerous perks such as license plates that exempt them from fines and tolls. They frequently use their special status to advance their financial interests and those of their family and friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur