China, Pak to boost defence ties as Kayani meets top officials
Beijing: China and Pakistan have decided to further firm up their close military ties by expanding their defence cooperation as visiting army chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani met top defence officials here.
China and Pakistan have agreed to update their military ties and drive new progress in cooperation, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Fan Changlong, vice chairman of China`s Central Military Commission, who met Kayani last night praised the fruitful development of bilateral military relations, which "mirrors our all-weather friendship".
Kayani who is due to retire shortly arrived here yesterday.
Fan vowed joint efforts with Pakistan to expand military cooperation, promote personnel exchanges and beef up both bilateral and military ties, the report said.
Kayani said Pakistan views its strategic ties with China as highly significant.
He also expressed hope that the youth of the two armed forces could enjoy stronger exchanges.
China-Pakistan defence relations which covered the army, air force and navy are shrouded in secrecy and few details are disclosed during the high-profile visits of their military officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data